Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dripping Lesson

"Rain, rain, go away,
come again another day."
the thoughtless plea of impatient souls
is running through my head.

Calling on fate, or the weather, or the rain gods
to satisfy me instantly with sunny skies and happy times,
while God, who sees beyond the weather
is readying for days ahead.

"Rain, rain, go away,"
I pout and whine incessantly;
sometimes out of pain and fear
and others of uncertainty.

But while I strain, and fight, and cry
against unfairness and inequality, my loving Friend is watering -
my God, who sees beyond the present
is preparing for the future.

"Finally! The rain is gone!"
I shout in careless happiness
as flowers bloom, and sunshine falls
so gently on my face;

And, smiling just as gently, warmly,
lovingly, down on my joy, in His simple, yet infinite wisdom
the God who brought me here reminds me,
"Be thankful for the rain."

No comments: